Excerpt from the September 25, 2008 Newsletter
Fight Depression & the Economic Blues with a Stress-Busting Massage!
If only it were easy to stay positive and upbeat even in the face of adversity…. but when bad news abounds, sometimes it catches up with even the best of us.
One of the things that first inspired my passion for massage is it’s extraordinary ability to uplift people’s spirits, whether they need it a little, or a lot.
"*" indicates required fields
There are a number of ways, both physical and psychological, in which massage fights depression to elevate one’s mood and create feelings of well being.
A properly executed full body massage creates a feeling of wholeness and connectedness within ourselves. In our modern, complicated world this can be elusive, especially when so many things in our lives seem to be pulling us apart, piece by piece – day after day.
Additionally, a massage has the ability to suspend the rush hour-like traffic speeding through our minds just long enough to remember that we are more than the sum of our daily stresses.
Also massage stimulates the release of some of our body’s most powerful natural pharmaceuticals; endorphins and serotonin.
These chemicals are known to significantly elevate mood and improve feelings of well being. They are often mimicked by modern anti-depression medications.
So whether it’s the economy or anything else that’s got you down, or you’d just like to forget about everything and feel good for a little while, treat yourself to a massage – you deserve it!!!
More Benefits of Massage:
- Relieves Stress
- Triggers the relaxation response
- Relaxes tense muscles
- Improves immunse system function
- Reduces anxiety
- Restores calmness and balance
- Alleviates problem conditions
- Relieves muscle tension, aches and pains
- Tension headaches
- Poor circulation
- Combats Aging
- Improves blood and lymph circulation
- Improves immune system functioning
- Relieves aches and stiffness
- Improves range of motion and joint flexibility
- Improves tissue elasticity
- Promotes healthy skin
- Complements fitness programs
- Relieves sore and tired muscles
- Speeds recovery
- Improves flexibility
- Complements other health care
Dan Melmed, LMT